Wednesday, March 3, 2010

30-day Shred



So I've done about 2 weeks of clean eating and now its time to add exercise into the mix. I decided to start with Jillian Michaels 30- Day Shred. Wow, this is a great workout! In just 20 minutes I managed to make sore every single muscle in my body- i think, at least it feels that way. I've done 3 days so far- took yesterday off was not feeling well and also very sore.

JM has created a workout comprised of 3 rotations of 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio and one minuted of abs. There are also 3 levels to work your way through. I'm on level 1 and honestly I'm scared of the next 2 if this is what level 1 is like! LOL!

What I like about this DVD (and about Jillian in general, on Biggest Loser) is that it really seems like she is YOUR personal trainer. She pushes, encourages and seems to know just when you want to quit, and then she pushes a little more to keep you motivated to get through it.

You might be thinking, what can 20 minutes of exercise possibly do for me and how is it gonna kick my butt into shape? I challenge YOU to give it a try!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly!

    Don't you just love the shred? I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and I'm hooked! It totally kicks my butt every time. It's a little hard on the joints though, so be careful! I hurt my knee last week from all the jumping, squauts, lunges, etc. It's feeling better now though so I should be back it in to time :)

    Your blog is looking fantastic btw! Keep it up!

    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...yeah I've got bad knees already so i try to go a bit easy on the lunges/squats. I've been slacking a bit a need to hop back on the shredder train!

    ReplyDelete